Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Nutrition Plan on the road: Epic Fail

I knew going into the road trip that I would face challenges to keep with the workouts and the nutrition. I did well on the way to Omaha, but once there, it was a different story.

The person who was the subject of the video I shot is a very gracious man who has a wonderful, huge home, and who put the producer and me up for both nights in his home. While that was great, it meant we were captive to his (or his wife's) meal choices. Sunday evening that choice was grilled hamburgers, baked beans, and potato chips among others. I "made up" for it with a Michelob Ultra light beer. FAIL.

When I thought I had eaten my fill, the Mrs. pulled from the freezer homemade ice cream sandwiches (two chocolate ship cookies with ice cream between them). FAIL. *sigh*

Monday's lunch was Jimmy Johns sub sandwiches. I had the "Vito." Could've done better, but I could've done worse. And potato chips. FAIL.

Monday evening our host brought us to a monastery themed steak house. Twelve(?) ounce ribeye (salmon was on the menu, but I am a total sucker for steak!)...FAIL. Steamed broccoli with melted cheddar cheese... win. Once slice of bread, no butter...win. Two glasses of wine... FAIL, FAIL! One-third of a shared chocolate ice cream pie thingy. F A I L!!

Breakfast both days was a spread laid out by the Mrs.: Blueberry and raspberry muffins, one each day...FAIL, FAIL. Orange juice...win. Fruit bowl (strawberry, banana, grape, others?)...fail.

It's not like I had a great deal of choice. A guy's gotta eat.

And, though I skipped the Chest and Back, and Ab Ripper X, I worked a twelve-hour day with a good deal of moving around, wielding a 20-plus pound betacam video camcorder, and ape-handling heavy shipping cases back and forth, so I got some workout into the day...fail.

Upon my return, I experienced — am experiencing — some difficulty getting my nutrition schedule back on track, though I have been good about eating the right things in the right portions...WIN!

But, as far as the P90X schedule, and my own body, the trip was a mild disaster.



1 comment: