Saturday, July 10, 2010

Day 6: Kenpo X

Kenpo X is a cardio workout based on martial arts moves, so this was an hour of about 11,000 kicks, punches and blocks, and about a thousand jumping jacks. I exaggerate, of course, but there were a lot of kicks, punches, blocks, and jumping jacks. What attacks jumping jacks defend against, I don't know. But I digress.

Little to say here, other than that it was a pretty intense workout, with lots of sweating, my heart rate running above 155, and a pressing reminder of just how physically uncoordinated I am. Tony Horton demonstrated punches I was to do. He did them one at a time at first, but then, as things moved along, he added other punches, putting them into combos, and then he picked up the pace with everything. If I were in a fight, the only way I would win would be because my opponent died laughing at my form.

But I made it through. I didn't quite match the number of repetitions as the screen gods, but I did do every exercise.

I have a dilemma for the first part of the week: I fly out Sunday morning for Omaha. Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest, but on Monday I'm supposed to start up again with the Chest and Back workout. However, since I'll be a guest in someone's house (as I understand it), I don't want to bring that along and be overheard grunting, panting, and moaning through the workout. So I could work out EARLY Sunday morning, but I don't know if it's safe to do so soon after the Kenpo workout (I finished that at 8:00pm Saturday evening. If I skip two days, then I'll be out of synch with my message board friends for the week, and would have to blast through my rest day next weekend.

So idunnowhatiwannado.

No comments:

Post a Comment