Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 5: Legs and Back; Ab Ripper X

(This post lifted from my entry today in the Beachbody message boards, because I just ran out of time...)

Day 5: Legs and Back; Ab Ripper X

My day was kind of screwy. I lost my real job (videographer, corporate) last year in April, and since September I've been driving a taxi to tread water while my industry (I hope!) recovers from the recession. My current schedule, of my own making, is Mon-Wed. split days (4:00am to 9:00am; 3:00pm to 10pm), and Thu night-Sat night, overnights (usually around 7:00pm-10:00am.) I nap in the car whenever possible, usually not while driving!

I have a shoot gig next week (Sun-Tue) with my former employer, and today I had to go to their office and pack video gear to take with me to Omaha. I worked overnight last night, got home around 9:30, ate breakfast, and then goofed around too long on Facebook and Beachbody.com. I lay down around 11:00am for a nap, was up at 1:00am and was off to the office to pack. Since I left there, the shoot gear has been strewn to the four corners of the globe. One of my former coworkers did his best to corral it all into one room, but there was still a fair amount of hunting to do, so the visit took longer than I had hoped. By the time I got home it was 5:30. I was hungry, but I hadn't worked out yet. I was poorly hydrated, so I drank a glass of water,then killed some time online again. I started the Legs and Back workout a little after 6:00.

Sleep deprived, undernourished, and underhydrated make for a difficult workout, let me tell you! I didn't quit, but I did push 'pause' a lot. A LOT!! But at the end I felt totally wiped.

Oh, did I mention? I totally forgot about Ab Ripper X ... again! When that segment started I really wanted to cry! In the previous two visits to Ab Ripper X, I made it through about 1/3 to 1/2 of each routine. Today I fought really hard to make it to half the reps of each routine they do in the video. And I thought I was wiped before? JEESH!

No comments:

Post a Comment